What is life trying to tell you when you know what day it is due to the credit card bill that you knew was due on a specific date but you forgot to send it in anyway? Yeah, I know that was a bit of a run-on sentence, but it is the way the thing came out. I have a paper due at the end of the week, so I will not have time to do much blogging. I do sometimes feel that I muck around on the computer too much, and spend too much time reading the foibles of other poeples lives instead of making my own run more efficiently. Does anyone else feel this way?
PS. Spell check isn’ working again. Gonna have to find out why.
Brian coppin’ a feel! Oh Yeah Baby. That’s it! Oh! OH! OOOHHH!
Posted by Hello
… Should be in bed by now, snuggling with the mate. One thing that is on my mind right now is the status of my Fresno band Chris Plays Guitar. The band is fine, it’s the “Chris” part that is perplexing. You see, he’s sorta gone AWOL from the band. He now lives and works in Modesto (yes, the “Scott Peterson / Garry Condit” Modesto), which is an hour and a half north. He move from here to there a few months back, and had every intention of staying in the band. All of us in the band understand the difficulties of having to drive a long distance to participate in band affairs. Hell, my other band is in San Diego, 348 long miles away. We are trying to be patient and have given Chris lots of leeway. But we have been trying to contact him for several days but have had no response. He’s MIA. We have some $$$$$$ gigs booked in the very near future and need to know if he will be able to make practices, cause you DON’T want to sound like crap at a paying gig, or any other for that matter. I hate to think that we will have to replace him, but if he can’t at least communicate with us and give us some word on his availability, well, we may have no other choice.
P.S. This is (hopefully) a link to my band.
Chris Plays Guitar
PPS. this post has been edited (Feb, 4, 2005) to correct spelling and link error.
Ok. I have a number five.
5. Find a way to get together with my best friend Paul while I’m in SD. He works grave yard and I don’t, so our schedules mesh like Ashlee Simpson and singing.
6. Visit my little bro, Throb, who also lives in the area. We argue about politics and stuff, but he’s a great guy, a fantastically talented musician, and a smart ass… no, that one is me.
OK. So I have a blog… and not only does no one read it, but apparently I don’t post to it either. What’s a boy to do? Time for a late New Years Resolution. No, screw that, it would never work. I’m too lazy to mess around with those things. Well anyway here is a list of five things that have happened in my life since my last post:
1. I was not chosen for jury duty. Was I not good enough? I feel like the kid who never gets picked for the softball team. Oh Yeah! I WAS the kid who never got picked for the softball team.
2. Started school. Getting my masters in education. More on that on my next post.
3. Still waiting to get my stolen bass guitar(s) back. One is coming back soon and one is gone forever. Will elaborate soon.
4. Going down to San Diego, my home away from home. Our friend Tanya is running a mini marathon this week-end. Also Rareform, my San Diego based band (I live in Fresno), is going to practice Saturday. Not sure when the next gig will be however.
5. I can’t think of a 5 at the moment. I do have to get ready to travel. If I leave too late I will get stuck in traffic in LA. Nobody wants that.
I am off to court for my chance to sit on a jury. This is met with one half excitement, “wow, 1/12’th of someones fate could be in my hands”, and the rest of me thinks “God, this means I have to get up earlier than normal in the morning”. Which side wins? Depends on my desirability as a prospective juror. But if I am not selected I will be a bit disappointed.
WOW!!! I can’t believe I am a netizen of the blogosphere. I just set this blog up tonight and, though its not too horribly late, I am tired from last nights New Years Eve gig and after hours social gathering. Any way this blog will start out as a forum for my scattered and misguided thoughts on anything that crosses my mind and causes a neuron or two to misfire. It will be heavy on music, with some news, politics, and a touch of science thrown in to make it interesting. All I have to say at the moment is “God, what am I getting myself into this time????”.
??? Is the spell checccccer working on this thing???? Seems not. I’ll fix it tomorrow.