This post is mostly a note to myself, reminding me of concepts, techniques and misc. stuff to keep in my head when I finally get my teaching credential and have a classroom full of kids to teach. I will be adding to this list periodically when the need to add something to the list arises.
- Make sure rules of the classroom are clear. Give the the students some input and responsibility in the rule making process. Create a “Classroom Contract” of agreed upon rules for both of us to sign, Perhaps have the parents / guardian(s) sign this as well.
- Explain skill-sets. Each student that walks into the room carries a unique knowledge base and abilities. One student may have a more complete set of skills / knowledge than another (set “A,B,C,D,F,H”, vs “A,E,G,H,I,J”), but make sure and emphasize that no ones set is by any means complete, even mine. There is always something to learn.
- Which brings us to learning. What is teaching and learning? This is a great first day question to ask the students to clarify the task each of us has in front of us for the year.
Gotta go. Miss Bird is demanding my attention. She is squawking loudly, an ear-piercing screech noise, then reprimanding herself by saying”Not So Loud” very loudly. Too cute.
This Can’t Be! What will I do now? How am I going to find out about the latest exploits of Bat Boy???????
Day Ruined By: Stupid Insta-P
Here are the first ten.
- My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones.
- My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.
- My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.
- Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
- The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.
- I will not gloat over my enemies’ predicament before killing them.
- When I’ve captured my adversary and he says, “Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?” I’ll say, “No.” and shoot him. No, on second thought I’ll shoot him then say “No.”
- After I kidnap the beautiful princess, we will be married immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in three weeks’ time during which the final phase of my plan will be carried out.
- I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button labeled “Danger: Do Not Push”. The big red button marked “Do Not Push” will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not clearly be labeled as such.
- I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum — a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.
The rest can be found HERE.
Stolen from: Insta-P
Well, THIS should generate plenty of comments over at Daily Kos!
UPDATE: It’s better, or worse than I though, depending on your POV. It appears Cheney will be “Acting President” for a day or two. Considering all the stuff he has his hands in as
Viceroy, I mean as Vice President, this will probably seem like a demotion or a day off. Meanwhile, some are already taking bets that “President” Cheney will finish the job Bush started and pardon Libby (I voted to bomb Iran on the survey just for the heck of it). Hell, might as well just issue a block pardon for everyone who has ever worked in this administration and be done with it, since it seems that every time you turn around, someone has done something either negligent or criminal or both.
“After Iceman dumped her, a shattered and heartbroken Kitty Pride quit the academy and headed to Tijuana to get reacquainted with her strung-out hooker mother, Lioness. Now look what’s become of her.”
“You’re a hooker? Jesus, I forgot! I just thought I was doing GREAT with you!”
“Nailed ‘er Good!!! ”
“Sure it sucks to be plastered into a wall. But they should just thank their luck stars it isn’t a garage door!!!”
“Look, this is EXACTLY why you should NEVER let Superman go to Tijuana when he’s under the influence of red kryptonite!”
“Well, when you gotta go, you gotta go. I mean what else are you gonna do when you’ve got your heads stuck in a wall. I’m just glad it wasn’t #2.”
“Outdoor dining at the new restaurant “Butters” is, for obvious reasons, not recommended.”
“Keeping waitresses on staff at “Butters” was not the problem. Getting them to actually do any work, well, that proved to be a bit more difficult.”
“Sheila and Nancy really got plastered last night.”
“There really should be a law against this kind of thing.”
“We all know the joke about the two bagger… well, sometimes bags just aren’t enough.”
One from V the K: “Every Glory Hole is taken. I hate tourist season in Provincetown”.
One from The Man: “Oh yea, they stopped squirming once the concrete settled”.
In cooperation with: Caption This!
Uh Oh, There’s More:
“Uhm, I think her water broke…”
â™« She’s a Brick — House… â™«
Patric, that was one HELL of a bachelor party!”
â™« I turn to stone
When you are gone
I turn to stone… â™«
“Whilst competing for both the assistant position and affections of Mr. Houdini, Ruth and Ida found themselves in a bit of a pickle.”
“Wow, talk about pathetic! Presented with this opportunity, Jason STILL couldn’t get laid!!!”
OK. I think I finally hit a brick wall on this one.
How Cool Is That!
It’s a cipher machine used by the Germans to encrypt top secret messages. If you have $20.000 to spare (that beats the current bid, it will go higher) this bit of history could be yours, or mine, for the taking. Honey, where’s my wallet?
Hat Tip: Slashdot.
“I don’t normally support circumcisions, but in this case…”
In the spirit of the recent “Live Earth” concert, where concerned musicians traveled all over the world, spewing tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in order to play a few songs, curse, and tell us to stop emitting so much CO2, I decided to find other efforts where the support of musicians for a cause has made a similar difference. Well, after a long and exhausting search of one minute and 27 seconds (could have been under one minute but we have been having problems with our broadband connection dropping data packets), I found this organ-ization. Note the absence of any musicians affiliated with the site. I guess they didn’t make the cut.
Pic and Caption stolen from: “Caption This!”